Steven Goldstein, an American émigré to Australia in 1999, resides in Melbourne, Australia, where he holds a Bachelor of Health Science in Musculoskeletal Therapy and Bachelor of Arts in Education. He is an innovative massage educator instructing his unique blend of direct myofascial, indirect osteopathic releasing methods and somatic approaches known as Integrative Fascial Release www.fascialrelease.com internationally since 1995. Steven chaired the Australian Association Massage Therapists AAMT National Education Subcommittee from 2004-2011 and chaired the Internal Course Advisory Committee for Musculoskeletal Therapy Degree at Endeavour College of Natural Health 2005-2007.
He has been a regular contributor to AAMT Journal and NHP Canada’s Connections magazines, and has been a frequent presenter at conferences in Australia for various associations including: AAMT, AMT, ATMS, IRMA Myotherapy, Olympic Soft-Tissue Injury Forum in Melbourne and the Bowen Federation of Australia BTFA. Presented Fibromyalgia: Clinical Approaches for the Manual Therapist at the 21st NHP Canada National Conference 2009 & the 2014 25th National Conference in Melbourne for AMT Australian Massage Therapists.
Steven has blended global lines of myofascial tension (Myers) (Schleip) (Paoletti), with articular receptor facilitation to unwrap and unwind soft-tissue with little or no force. He has drawn from the work of Micheal Shea for Autonomic Nervous System approach and expression as the foundation of any soft-tissue work, and Craniosacral therapy to facilitate change to transverse planes.
Techniques include the ‘Two Point’ , the ‘Fulcrum’, Static & Leverage Compressions which are introduced simply and one dimensionally, then combined by ‘osteopathic stacking’ to introduce more complex releasing patterns with constant autonomic nervous system awareness, expression and response. Sound structural underpinning knowledge with an indirect approach, allows the practitioner to work more quietly and effectively. Dynamic, playful, profound and informative is his trademark as an educator.
DETAILS & PARTICULARS
Steven Goldstein has been teaching and practicing his unique blend of Myofascial Releasing Techniques known as Integrative Soft-Tissue Release.
Approaches utilized include: Deep Tissue Sculpting, Direct Myofascial Release, Indirect Osteopathic, Energetic Reiki and Somato-Emotional Release.
Clinical Practice includes Orthopaedic Assessment Protocols, Muscle Energy Technique, Strain-Counterstrain, Neuromuscular Techniques and Passive Positional Releases.
- Bachelor in Education BA Ed. Western Washington University, Bellingham, Washington 1984
- Bachelor in Health Sciences B HSc MusculoSkeletal Therapy MST Australian College of Natural Medicine 2007
- Licensed Massage Practitioner in Washington State since 1986
- IFR/ISTR Instruction in Australia and the United States since 1995.
- VET/Higher Education Instructor SSNT Southern School of Natural Therapies-Think Inc. 2012 to present.
- AMTA American Massage Therapy Association USA 1996
- AAMT Australia Association of Massage Therapists 2002
- Qualified Remedial Massage Therapist Australia 2002
- AAMT Victorian Committee Member 2003-2004
- Chair of the National Education Subcommittee AAMT 2004-2010
- Chair Course Advisory Committee for MST Musculo Skeletal Therapy Degree Program Endeavour College of Natural Health 2007-2009
- Northwest Coalition of Massage Educators from 1998-2006
- VET/Higher Education Instructor at Endeavour College of Natural Health in Melbourne, Australia 2001 to 2013
- Formerly faculty member of Seattle Massage School /Ashmead College from 1992-1998
Steven currently resides in Melbourne, Australia, blending a playful approach for learning that balances kinesthetic, intuitive and cognitive teaching methods.
MFR: Sternal Wedging IFR Technique
Myofascial Release: Humeral Levers Prone Position
Introduction to Head & Neck Pain
Introduction to IFR